While this Pub may not serve bloody marys or mimosas, I still love to visit. I've talked frequently about budgeting and most recently, couponing, so I thought I would document a Publix visit. This wasn't my best ever. I think the goal is to save more than you spend, but I got lot of good stuff, and probably won't have to shop next week, except to pick up the really great deals.
This week I bought $96. 05 worth of groceries for $56.66 for a savings of 41%. I came through this week with a picture:
2 boxes Fiber One
1 box yellow cake mix (for a recipe I'll have to share later this week)
1 bottle Berio Olive Oil
1 Minute Brown rice
2 boxes Playtex tampons
2 jars spaghetti sauce
1 carton Publix eggs
1 package Publix sharp cheddar
1 package celery
1 package zucchini squash
1 package yellow squash
1 tomato
1 publix sour cream
.87 lbs bananas
2 softsoap
1 jello pudding
1 chicken sausage
1 Oscar meyer shaved turkey breast
1 pack Perdue perfect portion chicken
1 pack chocolate chips
2 starbucks ice cream
1 tub Sabra classic hummus
There's always a balance to be found between what will keep your wallet fat, and what will make your thighs fat.
And a couple side notes - as I was going through my receipt, I realized I bought the wrong fiber one bars. I bought the pound package, and that wasn't what was BOGO. I guess I just really wanted to be regular. Thankfully, I'm stocked up on toilet paper.
I'll be taking one of those $8 boxes back making my total $48 or 44%, thank you very much.
I know some people think all this clipping and shopping is a lot of trouble and only saves you a few cents, but my coupons alone saved me $18. For me, it's totally worth the time I put into it. Time to go buy some Sunday papers!
You have already gotten me hooked on Publix, now you need to help me with the fat wallet and fat thigh balance. I keep saying all of the goodies are for the kids, but my behind says otherwise!
ReplyDeleteI was going to go today for the deals, and then I realized we have dinner plans every night tonight through Saturday night. Fat wallet/fat thigh ratio = FAIL.
ReplyDeletePublix and I will rendez-vous next week.